|Pseudoquote: "We are Wade. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."|
Reviewed by Donner
Out of five stars:
- Well, it's nice to finally see what happened to Wade exactly and not have the same old PECKerhead, "Darn, isn't it a shame that Wade's bumping pelvises with a Kromagg in a breeding camp somewhere?" line.
- Cleavant Derricks. You GO boy! Great delivery of lines, great emotion, and just all overall great! Take THAT JOC!
- Clever way of having Wade in the episode - while not having Wade in the episode. The body double they got for Sabrina was almost (almost!) flawless and the sight of her in that vat made my skin crawl.
- We got to see more of the almost-never-seen Kromagg manta ship. The maggs may be lame now thanks to PECKerhead, but I still think those things are cool.
- Kari Wuhrer. Again, more restrained in her performance instead of going ballistic as she has in the past. Great performance from her at the end when she thinks that they've lost Rembrandt. She was muted during all of the Wade scenes, but considering how Wade and Maggie felt about each other (Wade: SLUT! Maggie: BITCH! Wade: WHORE! Maggie: TWIG!) can you blame her?
- The female Kromagg... so bad she was good in a Snidely Whiplash kind of way.
- Wade's fate left open. Nice.
Very sweet, emotional, and tragic but hopeful wrap-up to the Wade question. A nice balance of emotion, welcome return of Wade (or at least her voice), and the wrap up of a question that has been badly handled over the last two years. Still bogged down with bad effects and an easy ending. And there's always that lingering thought of what the episode could have been if only Sabrina was in it.
I like the 5th season. Anyone else can just kiss my ass.